9/11: The New Pearl Harbour: What Really Happened on September 11, 2001? - buy the book here (special offer)



London bus bomb victims could have been saved



*** Many people died unnecessarily on buses in London yesterday. They could easily have been saved if the buses had been stopped after the first or second attack. But buses continued running normally for more than two hours after all three bombs had detonated underground, while London Underground staff wrongly informed people that the problem was due to a "power surge" or "lighting" problem. The buses were more crowded than usual because of the disrupted tube service. Many of the people who caught buses would not have done if they had been told about the terrorist attacks, but instead they were misinformed. Many victims were specificly told to use buses by London Underground staff and police officers. Buses that were targetted picked up victims from directly outside the tube stations that had been closed almost an hour earlier. In a TV News report on BBC 1 at 6 PM, a missing person was said to have called to say he was catching a bus because of a "power surge" on the tube, and a mobile phone video recorded by a surviving tube passanger showed that the blast timings were much closer together than the police have concluded. The mass media are not asking the obvious questions that must be asked if we are to find out what went wrong. ***

Relatives and friends of people missing since the London bomb attacks have been contacting the BBC News website in the hope of getting information about them.

ANTHONY FATAYI-WILLIAMS

Anthony was last seen by friends at about 0830 BST at Camden Town Tube station.

He was on his way to work at Amec Offshore Services, near Liverpool Street station, but is thought to have taken an alternative route to work, via King's Cross, because of delays on the Northern Line.

His friend Amrit Walia said: "He has not contacted a single one of his friends and relatives since Thursday morning and his mobile phone is constantly on voicemail.

"He is usually very conscientious and would have called, if only to check everyone else was OK."

SHAHARA A ISLAM

Shahara is 20 and has not been seen since Thursday morning. A British-Bangladeshi Muslim woman, she lives with her parents in Plaistow, east London.
 
She is thought to have been on her way to work, passing through the area where the Aldgate/Liverpool Street Underground bomb detonated.

Shahara works for the Co-operative Bank at Angel, Islington, and left home wearing her uniform of black trousers and white top and carrying a Burberry Bag. A member of the family received a "missed call" on his mobile from Shahara around the time that the bombs detonated.

Her family has made exhaustive searches of the hospitals and made extensive contact with friends who may know of her whereabouts.

Shahara's uncle, Nazmul Hasan, said that his niece is a lively young woman who makes friends easily. He said it would be totally out of character for a girl so close to her family to disappear without warning.

BEHNAZ MOZAKKA

Behnaz has been missing since travelling to her work at Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital.
 
She is thought to have taken a Piccadilly Line train at about 0900 BST.

Ms Mozakka is 48, about 5ft 4in, petite and was wearing a wedding ring.

Friends said she is from an extremely close family and there was no way she would not have contacted them if she was able to.

LAURA SUSAN WEBB

Laura, 29, was last seen leaving home in Islington on Thursday morning. She never arrived at work.
 
Family's plea

Her brother, Robert Webb, a council officer in Cardiff, fears she may have passed through the Edgware Road area at the time of the attacks in the city.

Mr Webb, 38, said his sister's boyfriend last saw Ms Webb at 0900 BST on Thursday as she set off from home in north London for her job as a personal assistant at London's University College Hospital.

Ms Webb is approximately 5ft 5ins tall. She is white, of medium build and has long, curly fair hair.

JAMIE GORDON
 
City worker Jamie Gordon, 30, has not been heard from since calling his work to say he was on a bus between Euston and King's Cross.

Girlfriend Yvonne Nash said she had given his details to the police casualty bureau and had spent all night calling hospitals without success.

She said she was desperate for news and was so worried she could not sleep or eat.

MONIKA SUCHOKA
 
Colleagues last heard from Monika Suchocka in a text message she sent saying she was getting on a bus on Thursday morning around 0840 BST.

She has blonde hair, blue eyes and is around 5ft 6ins tall.

ANIA BRANDT

Ania is 43 years old and lives in Wood Green.

She took the Tube there at 0800 BST, heading towards Gunnersbury but has not been heard from since.

Ania was wearing a beige top, trousers, jumper, and carrying a beige handbag along with blue flip flops. She is about 5ft 5ins.


PHILIP RUSSELL
 

Philip Russell has been missing since Thursday morning when he called his parents and then his work to say he was just getting on a bus and was going to be late.

He did not turn up to work and no-one can get hold of him or has heard from him since. He is thought to have been in the area of the bus explosion.

Philip will be 29 years old in 3 days time - 11 July.


BBC News, "Search for missing loved-ones", 8 July 2005.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4664209.stm

"The Insider" mailing list article, 08 July 2005.

SEND THIS INFORMATION TO A FRIEND:
From (your email):   
To: (their email): 

Tags: London, bus, bombs, advised, get, on, bus, told, use, buses, misinformed, , conspiracy theories.

 
Copyright 2017 The Insider.

This service is provided on our standard Terms and Conditions. Please read our Privacy Policy. To inquire about advertising and sponsorship or permission to reproduce material from The Insider, please contact us.